Monday, March 5, 2012

Where does the time go?

Today I realized that I've sort of been living in a state of suspended animation. I feel like whenever I'm in school full time (or doing rotations now as the case may be) I put my life on hold, and all that exists is that educational commitment. I start a chunk of education & the next thing I know, all this time has gone by and I don't know where I've been. I don't know exactly when it began, but it's been like this for a while. During the school year (so to speak) I pour myself wholeheartedly into fulfilling my objectives, and I think that if I take time away to be a whole person and do volunteer work or take dance lessons or even go to church I might sacrifice my future. But if that's the case, is it really worth it?

So my next goal is to remember to try to be alive at the same time as while committing to what I have to do for my career. Medical school is a serious commitment, but it shouldn't be everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment