Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Tell Me About Yourself

With interview season underway, I am forced into a state of self-reflection. It's easy to go on living your life without giving much thought to who you are or why you're doing what you're doing. I've been in that mode of doing what I've got to do for a while now. But alas, those pesky questions are about to be brought up again. So as a helpful exercise I figured I should start thinking about what things I'm going to want to say when the interviews start next month. As a disclaimer, I surely will not be saying everything that I type here, but I'm taking this as a chance to brainstorm. Let's try to remember who I am...

I'm from Michigan. I'm an only child and quite close to my family. I was raised by two full-time factory worker parents who taught me the importance of working hard and the value of an education. They taught me the classics of right and wrong and instilled in me a sense of integrity that seems to be increasingly rare in today's society. 



I believe that my strongest assets are my dedication and determination. Those who know me know that I don't back down from a challenge, and if I set my sights on a goal I throw myself wholly into the mission of accomplishing it. 


My biggest weakness is that I tend to take things too personally sometimes. I have this part of me that cares too much about what other people think, and I have very high expectations of myself. I have to remind myself when receiving constructive criticism that hearing such comments will enable me to better myself & grow because everybody has room to grow. 


In my free time, my favorite hobby is music. I love concerts. I also have a great appreciation for nature and enjoy walking and rollerblading along nature trails and finding beauty to photograph. I enjoy reading and movies, and I'm always looking for a new adventure to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment