Friday, September 10, 2010

Sleep, who needs sleep for an 8am ICM study group?

I should be sleeping since I have to get up at 6:45 (yes, on a Saturday, ugh), but I'm feeling too restless. Had a fun night salsa dancing & then playing some foosball & ping pong. It seems that I kick butt at foosball, but not so much the ping pong. ;)

I made the mistake of telling a guy that I don't mind if he sets me up with someone. Normally that wouldn't be much of a mistake, but let's face it, this guy has no tact. So I proceeded to turn 3 shades of red while he tries to convince this beautiful guy across the room that he should go dance with me at salsa lessons... BEFORE asking said beautiful guy if he even has a girlfriend already (which he does). Sometimes I really need to learn to keep my mouth shut. Actually, first guy seems to bring out the worst in me. I don't know why I associate with people like that, but I think they make me feel good. Whatev. And sometimes anything is better than being alone.

Had this crazy dream last night that I wish I had someone to tell, but it's too personal & weird for blog material.

Lastly, it's only been the first week of 4th semester, and I'm already stressing about who I'm going to beg to go with me to the 4th semester banquet (since I no longer have my best friend - le sigh). Part of me is saying, screw it, just don't go. But I feel like it's sort of the prom of med school. I don't want to miss out. I even brought back an amazing dress. I know who I wish I could ask, but that's just ridiculous. I wish ridiculous didn't have a place in my crazy little brain.

Another minor obsession: stupid Thanksgiving on the island. Last year was such a tragedy that I decided to boycott this year, but I'm still afraid that it'll be miserable. All I know for sure is that I won't see my family and I'll be eating Chinese food - screw the turkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment