Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 16

Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you.

Whew, let me tell you, this one took some effort. I haven't felt terribly inspired lately. I threw around some ideas, and even considered putting off this challenge until tomorrow, but I sort of felt like that would be cheating. Being at a loss, I decided to look up some definitions, and found this one from dictionary.com: "to produce or arouse (a feeling, thought, etc.): to inspire confidence in others." SO, I decided to choose someone who did just that, inspired confidence in me.

Dr. Van de Merwe was my college physics professor at Indiana Wesleyan University. I've gotta say, physics definitely was not my cup of tea. That stuff is hard! But he was super encouraging, and he went above & beyond to help me through the class when I was feeling hopeless. He actually met me in the student center after hours to help me work on problems once. He pushed me to succeed and made me feel like this insurmountable obstacle could actually be overcome. And in the end I made it through physics, so I can make it through the rest of this crazy schoolwork, right?

Also in the picture is Jenny, another amazing & inspiring person, but that is perhaps a story for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment