Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 30 - The end of the challenge!

Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss.

The first one that came to mind was my grandma on my mom's side. Unbelievably, she died over 12 years ago now. I don't think you ever really stop missing people like that though, and yes, I still think of her quite often. Anyway, since it has been so long I don't have any digital pictures of her.

I did recently bring up some old pictures of James, however:


He was my most serious high school boyfriend. A part of me thought I was going to marry him, but he broke up with me when he went out of remission. James had Hodgkin's Disease, which I didn't know about when we met (though I was a minority in that respect), and he died in October 2004. I never got to say goodbye. I never told anyone, but the next spring I went to his grave with flowers that I picked myself.

1 comment:

  1. You know, this post is simple but it is beautiful. I only have vague memories of James, so I don't remember much about him. But I can tell that being with him gave you a confidence when it came to relationships. If anything, I think he contributed to the strength I've seen grow in you. Not that you haven't always been on the strongest women I've ever known... Okay, I'm too tired to be articulate.

    I love you. I'm glad you took flowers to him. I'm glad you're you. :)

    ReplyDelete