Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 17

Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently.


Well this is slightly disappointing. You can't read that, can you? [edit: it looks like you can click the picture & see it if you care] That's the e-mail I got telling me I get to move home to Michigan for 5th semester. Exactly 1 month from today I will be done in Dominica & going home for Christmas, and then I'll move to Saginaw in January, and I'll actually get to see my family more frequently than every 4 months again. Granted, yes, I'll be out of town where I have to go to classes, study, and do clinicals, but I can go to the mall with my mom on weekends. I get to hug my parents on my birthday, and go to my Grandparents' house on Easter (most likely).

Aside from the specific joys that were the reason/s I wanted to go to Michigan instead of Florida, there's the general things about being back in the US that are super exciting too. Let me tell ya, you don't know think about how awesome Walmart and Target are until you can't go to them anymore. If I have a craving for chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream at 2am or feel like renting a movie or realize that I forgot to buy post-its (for instance), I'm gonna be able to hop in my car and go get them. Even if it's a Sunday...

Now somebody please remind me of this excitement in about 2.5 months or so when I'm whining that I can't feel my toes and don't want to die of hypothermia.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha Yeah, post-its are great until you can't feel your toes!

    I'm excited for you to be home though! I will bring you cookie dough ice cream... not at 2am.. but still. haha

    ReplyDelete